PROCEDURES IN EFFECT ONLY DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
- Wasatch Lawn will be the only approved mortuary for all burials handled by the Kol Ami Cemetery Association.
- For at-need purchase of a grave-site, the family will select the specific cemetery and may express preferences by telephone, but a Cemetery Association Trustee will select a location without meeting family representatives on-site.
- Officiating at a burial may be done only by local clergy and with approval from Kol Ami’s senior rabbi.
- The officiating clergy will set limits on the number of persons who may attend a burial, in conformance with state and local directives and/or orders.
- Kol Ami Members Only: Members may reserve and purchase pre-need gravesites via telephone/email; the location may be changed without additional fees until June 30, 2021.
- Volunteers who serve on the Chevra Kadisha, if willing, shall perform tahara in a way that will not endanger themselves; whatever procedure is approved by Kol Ami’s clergy will be accepted by the Cemetery Association for burial in Montefiore and Shaare Tzedek.